Please note: This tutorial is using metric units, you might have to convert it into yards and inches; seam allowance is 0.5 cm (1/4 inch).
You need an assortment of your favorite Hometown fabrics from Sweetwater. Here is what I used for this quilt top (you can use this link to check the fabrics: www.unitednotions.com/fcc_hometown.pdf)
• 0.5m Flower Shop Stop Sign (546121)
• 0,25m Flower Shop Bicycle (546124)
• 0.25m Flower Shop Mist (546126)
• 0.25m Flower Shop Cream (546111)
• 0.25m Town News Stop Sign (46221)
• 0.25m Town Square Mist (546026)
• 0.5m Cross Town Stop Sign (546321)
• 0.25m Cross Town Mist (546326)
Additionally, you need solid fabrics:
• 1.5 m white/ off white fabric
• 1m light grey fabric
• 1m red fabric
Measurements of the pieces
2 x A = 6cm x 6cm (cut the square diagonally to get 2 pieces of A)
B = 5cm x 9cm
C = 9cm x 9cm
D = 6.5cm x 6.5cm
Assembly of the block
Assembly of the quilt
The quilt layout is on point, ie you have to join the rows diagonally.
The blocks with the light grey background and the blocks with the white background (background = color of pieces A) are alternating.
The whole quilt looks like this: